Did you know there is science backing everyone’s obsession with Pumpkin Spice Lattes? (Among other fall-based concoctions out there—Nutmeg Latte, Peppermint Mocha . . . mmmm). Take a doctor’s word for it: “Most of what we refer to colloquially as taste is actually smell.” The article goes on to state “What makes it so widely relatable a phenomenon is because the drink includes spices like cinnamon, clove and nutmeg that we are more exposed to during the holidays.”
And what do the holidays mean every year? Gathering with family. Eating good food. Sharing fond memories. Laughing about Uncle Dave’s oversized vest.
Which begs two questions: 1) Where does your family gather for the holidays, and 2) what is the feeling when you all are together? If you’ve experienced a Midwest winter, the answer to #1 is “indoors.” As for #2, Mission Painting can help. We recommend any of the six fall paint colors for your living room, dining room, bedroom or kitchen. Everyone will feel the difference.
Taste and See That The Fall Is Good
After a summer full of exterior paint jobs, our crews are ready to serve your family with a high-quality interior refresh. In the same way 70% of your taste is attributed to smell, we think a large portion of your sight is attributed to how you feel. Our promise is that the following colors would make anyone feel a little more “at home” with the ones they love.
- Autumn Orange. The only better option is to throw your Pumpkin Spice Latte at the wall. We think Autumn Orange is the safer bet.
- Autumn Leaf. There is a difference! Autumn Leaf carries a subtler shade of brown which opens up multiple possibilities from office to den.
- Simply White. Because every cozy drink has foam at the top, right? As stated in the product description, Simply White will prepare you for the “first snowfall” in any room.
- Cappuccino Froth. Is there a difference between froth and foam? We’ll let you decide. As for your walls, Cappuccino Froth utilizes a light, golden hue to brighten your home.
- Whole Wheat. Take your mind off bread for a moment, and enter the corn maze. Sherwin Williams took a Kansas staple – Whole Wheat – and turned it into a versatile paint color to accent your home’s stone, granite, and dark wood features.
- Rookwood Dark Red. Speaking of “dark,” consider this rich red for your home this fall. Rookwood Dark Red is perfect for cozying up with loved ones – out from the cold and in each other’s arms.
Still on The Fence?
We would love to help you visualize any of the aforementioned colors in your home before putting brush to wall.
Reach out and let us know if you’d like a digital mock-up for any interior room in your home! After some long summer nights, you deserve to wind down this fall in the comfort of new color. While you’re at it, treat yourself to a warm cup of sugar.